Wolf Wolf ! EXO is Back




Exo is back and it's been so long since they've made a song. I mean after those thousands of teasers and release about only three songs. We all been wondering when they would come back. With B.A.P dominating the music scene don't tell me you give it a thought EXO would never come back. But comeback they did with a bang.

I have never seen such a literally take on a song. The song is called 'Wolf' and all throughout the video you hear this wolf howling in the background, moves that emphasize the wolf's ferociousness. As usual of SM entertainment they stick to their formula having their groups dance in box rooms. Can I say this though? In the beginning of the song it was so amazing to see the silhouette of the twelve members standing like a tree. I thought that was an interesting idea and having one of the members pop out like a wolf stalking it's prey. I know they were featuring each side of Exo-K and Exo-M separately when they first debuted but I enjoyed that they were together in this title track. Hey Exo fans do you guys perfer the Koreans or the Chinese? I actually prefer the Korean lyrics and this is probably because it actually fits better to the song. In the past songs I did like the Chinese versions but I think for this song I like the Korean version. Choreography it was strong start to finish. Always going back to the song of wolves, they seemed to dance like wolves out for the hunt. Am I going in too deep here? Final note on the wolf thing. Wolves don't eat cheese. They just don't. I looked up the translation and I don't know why they would engulf cheese. And one last thing. Does this mean Exo are werewolves since they want to bite me and fall in love with me? Team Jacob !

Fashion wise, I liked a lot of their more structured clothes. As for the bandanas and the chains mixed together I wasn't too impressed. And the..cornrows...just..no. Sorry I like them on some people but not on Exo. Sound effects were just timed right and really relevant to the song. Now that rapping in between the harmonizing parts were interesting, but as soon they get near the chorus that sing-talk kind of thing. I was somewhat confused....I didn't mind it but I didn't love it either. I'm just glad to hear from Exo again. Last time I heard from them was from KCON. What do you guys think? Comment below!


Credits to: SMTOWN Channel for the video and en.korea.com for the photo


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

About

How should I describe myself? Should I go into a long rant about me and what I like? Or is a list easier for your eyes? I think a small paragraph should do.

Music is my passion with modern Asian music, such as k-pop, j-pop and j-rock etc., writing is my joy and photography is my growing love. Food is the best way to socialize and fashion is my way to know that I put my shirt on correctly.