A Day with Nerf

How many of you heard of nerf? Anyone? I know maybe when you were a little child you'd shoot your mom and dad in the back of the head or your friends in odd places. (Actually, I wouldn't do that if I were you.) Did you guys think that you could take these toys up into your adulthood? Yup you can! (I sound like an ad bleh.)

You guys remember that I wanted to collaborate with other bloggers correct? I got my chance to work with Basic Nerf on a photoshoot. Testing out my skills on a more themed concept. Using props is a new experience because there's that added element that your subject is now interacting with something. Of course it presents the challenge how to pose the prop. During the shoot, I had to emphasize I'd rather have the person showcase his natural look with the nerf gun than trying to show off of the clothes. 

Speaking of clothes story time about the hat. It's mine and I was happy that I bought it despite the words on it. Of course I don't say profanity (unless I'm really mad, but I hold myself back for the most part.) but we were trying hats on and well I slapped my own hat on his head and oddly enough it looked good on him. And as for the rest of the outfit I had to realize I was working with someone who enjoys his larger sized shirts. I'm pleased how well I could compose nice photos with the outfit. Oh check out the panda!! Adorable huh?

One other thing that was a struggle was the lighting in the area. It was early in the afternoon around two or three so the sun was still high in the sky. That was a fun experience trying to figure out which side of the abandoned building would be best suited for the lighting I had in mind. Oh and the small disappointment I had was not be able to use the old cages at the LA's Old Zoon. There were already other photographers using the place so we just used one of the abandoned buildings nearby. Overall I'm happy with the collaboration. I hope the guy at Basic Nerf was too > <. 

What do you guys think? What can I improve on? (There's so much let's just say I do need to work on post production work.) There will be links down below to the Basic Nerf website for anyone wanting relive childhood games. Oh and I should note that these are Nerf guns not real guns. I don't like guns they scare me so I wouldn't want to be putting real guns on this site. 






















0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

About

How should I describe myself? Should I go into a long rant about me and what I like? Or is a list easier for your eyes? I think a small paragraph should do.

Music is my passion with modern Asian music, such as k-pop, j-pop and j-rock etc., writing is my joy and photography is my growing love. Food is the best way to socialize and fashion is my way to know that I put my shirt on correctly.