Halloween Project

It's nearing Halloween! When I was younger I participated in the activities of trick-o-treating but around the time I moved that completely stopped. When I was seventeen my best friend dragged me out for another round for trick-o-treating. That time I was looking at her asking 'what the heck..we're pretty old for this!' but I went anyways. Next year we went for one last round and that was the conclusion of Halloween. I would spend some college days looking at others playing dress up and myself just musing at them.

This year, though was different, since I dove head first into cosplay photography I had a nice list of things I wanted to shoot. One of that being Diabolik Lovers. TL;DR reverse harem with all the vampire guys wanting to drink her blood all the time sometimes, actually by force. Ahem ...let's not get into the implication of sexual harassment that anime was filled with right now. Biggest challenge was location and lighting. Doesn't that seem to be always my problem when it comes to photography?

Okay lighting...I panicked! I seriously panicked like a month before the shoot, I had no available lights and not many people in my photography circle who has strobes. I was fortunate enough to meet a photography friend in the cosplay community who I just asked after meeting him just once to help me out. After that ...came the two part beginning lesson into using strobes. I will say I feel quite addicted and I'm starting to notice more during night shoots where photographers use flash. In the daytime it's a little harder.

Did I mention it was in a hotel? Hahaha...if you want to see our antics here's a video. I really had fun shooting this and I think this is how I want to celebrate halloween creating creepy photos for fun.


For all the photos click here.




0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

About

How should I describe myself? Should I go into a long rant about me and what I like? Or is a list easier for your eyes? I think a small paragraph should do.

Music is my passion with modern Asian music, such as k-pop, j-pop and j-rock etc., writing is my joy and photography is my growing love. Food is the best way to socialize and fashion is my way to know that I put my shirt on correctly.